Welcome to our beautiful school where children aim high, are resilient and show respect to others.
22nd July 2020
Firstly, thank you for your kindness and patience whilst we have negotiated our way around the Covid-19 pandemic. It has been a difficult time for us in school and for you at home; we have seen some of you every day and haven’t seen some of you at all.
There is a significant Health and Safety Risk Assessment that has been put together by myself, the Local Authority and following guidance from the Department for Education. Please read the information below so that you can prepare for September:
School hours: School will be open from Monday to Friday from 8.45 until 3.20 for Years Reception to Year 6. Nursery hours, either 15 or 30 can be taken flexibly as arranged with Mrs Goodwin.
Drop off and collection: Everyone will use the one way system for drop off and collection of children. The pedestrian gate next to the car park will open at 8.40, this is the only entrance into school:
- EYFS families (Nursery and Reception) will line up on the floor markers outside the blue wooden gates, children will be dropped off and parents will carry on past the EYFS class towards the Doctor’s surgery and will exit through that gate onto Councillor Lane.
- Children from years 3 - 6 will walk round the back of school and line up on the floor markers 2 metres apart. The children from years 3 to 6 will enter through the junior door, parents will carry on in the same direction and exit through the gate near the Doctor’s surgery on Councillor Lane.
- The children from years 1 and 2 will walk round the back of school and line up on the floor markers 2 metres apart. The children will enter through the infant door; parents will carry on in the same direction and exit through the gate near the Doctor’s surgery on Councillor Lane.
- Exactly the same procedure will take place at home time, the gate will open at 3.10. Please do not arrive before this time.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to overtake at drop off or collection times, please be patient with each other, following this procedure will avoid us having to introduce a staggered start and end time of the day.
Breakfast club and Afterschool club:
- Breakfast club – children will be dropped off at 7.45, please line up on the markers as above. Children will be in Key Stage bubbles in the hall for their breakfast and then the games and activities they enjoy.
- Afterschool club – children will be in Key Stage bubbles in the HUB. They can be collected up to 5.55 Monday to Thursday and 5.25 on Friday. Children will be collected from the main entrance to school.
Due to the restriction of space for the bubbles - Breakfast club and Afterschool club must be booked and paid for in advance. We will be limiting places to no more than 20 and they will be on a first come first served basis.
Lunchtimes: We will be operating a staggered lunchtime with some children eating in their classrooms. If your child has a packed lunch please bring this in a paper bag or a compostable plastic bag so that we can dispose of this at the end of lunchtime.
Letters: During the autumn term we are going to become a paperless school, we will be limiting things that we send home to you and that you send in. This will help to avoid cross contamination. We will be sending newsletters and other letters by email, there will be copies on the website as well. First aid slips and medicine slips will no longer be sent home, you will receive a text from school in the afternoon if your child has had first aid or had any medication. Parents evening letters, trip letters and other similar events will be booked through the website. (I will send separate information about how to access these in September).
PE Kits: We will be reintroducing PE kits in September, we will provide a kit for every child from year 1 to 6. If you wish to provide your own please ensure that you let your class teacher know.
School Bags: Children may bring bags into school, they must go into lockers or drawers each day.
Reading Books and Library books: We will start to send books home again in the autumn term, when books are returned to us we will ensure that we leave 72 hours before they are issued to another child.
Please ensure that we have up to date phone numbers and email addresses to ensure that we are able to communicate effectively with you.
We will also be using Class Dojo to communicate with you.
Thank you again for your continued support, together we will make sure that our children are safe in school whilst enjoying a challenging and exciting curriculum.
I hope that you all have a restful summer full of fun and laughter.
Mrs Hill – Headteacher.